Sunday 2 February 2014

H4 interview experience 221g white Mumbai

Hello

My husband got his H1b visa visa approved on 26th December 2013 from Chennai US consulate and H1B visa stamped passport after two days.

We started processing H4 visa process for me n my 5 months old daughter (DS160 and payment of Fees). Got OFC done for me and my daughter on 17th Jan 2014.

We had visa interview appointment on 21 Jan 2014 7.45 am (first slot for that day) and i was first one to give interview for visa.

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: May i have your Passport
I gave my n my daughter's passport to VO
VO: Do you have your husband's visa with you?
Me: Yes (i gave him my husband's paasport also)
VO: Where is your husband working currently?
Me: ABC company (Indian Company)
VO: Where he will be working in USA?
Me: XYZ Company (Company In USA)
VO: Why is he leaving company like ABC and going for small company XYZ?
Me: He wanted global career exposure
Then VO started nodded his head
VO: Why you did not appeared for visa interview with your husband?
Me: We had applied for my daughter's passport and i wanted to apply for visa with my daughter
VO: Where is your daughter?
Me: She is outside with my husband. My Daughter is 5 months old.
VO: When did you got married?
Me: 24 Feb 2011
VO: Why you husband went for his visa interview in chennai and you in mumbai?
Me: There was no interview slots available in Mumbai during that time and his employer wanted him to go for visa interview in that week only.
Again VO nodded his head
VO: When did you got married?
Me: 24 Feb 2011
VO: Where you daughter was born?
Me: Mumbai
VO: Where your stay?
Me: Mumbai

Then VO left from his seat and went to one lady (American) with our passport and he talk to her 8 to 10 min then he came back to his seat and started typing in his computer for 7 to 8 min

VO: When did you got married?
Me: 24 Feb 2014
VO: Where you husband will be working in USA?
Me: AM, MMMM

Then he again started typing in his computer and after 5 min one white paper to me and said
VO: Sorry i will have to take your passport for some admin processing
Me: You will keep my husband's passport also
VO: Yes i have to take his passport for enquiry
Me: When will i get all three passport?
VO: It will not take more that one week. You will get notification regarding your passport through Email or SMS.
Me: Ok

Then i left from there. I was very tensed because VO took my husbands passport also and i did not wanted my husbands visa get affect because of my interview.

After two days i got mail on my phone that my and my daughters passport is ready for pickup and even my husband got same message.

Next Day we went BKC, Mumbai US Trade center and got all three passport with VISA STAMP.

Missed those golden words "YOUR VISA IS APPROVED" but still ALL WELL THAT ENDS WELL

No comments:

Post a Comment